Friday, April 3, 2009

Q: Guruji, I had a very unfortunate past. Its regarding my parents. I could not accept them. I have come to you now. I have accepted you completely in my life. Can you also accept me?

Sri Sri: Water has passed under the bridge long ago. That is why ancient Masters used to give the disciples a new name as soon as they took admission in their schools. This is just to make them feel new and to make them get rid of their past baggage. When a daughter-in-law comes home for the first time after marriage, usually the in-laws give her a new name. This is just to make her feel rid of the old. All new, all fresh. Even at Vanaprastha, people are given new name. Also during Sanyasa, individuals are given new name. This is just to make you aware that life is changing. Just be with the flow. If you go on thinking all your life, ‘oh my father did like this and my mother did like this’.. .. Whatever they have done to you, it must have been some karma of them or some karma of yours!! It could be both. You have to move on… Wake up and see. It’s all new! It’s a new life… New day… And a new moment!!! Just move on!!! Why do you need to talk about the wretched past again and again?!?! Just move on….Oh! this guy said this that guy said that” They have said it and gone!! And you are the one who is digging in the hole, which is not there!!! That’s why it is called Maya! Yeh! But if you learn some new lesson out of it then its ok.

Q: Guruji, I am a muslim girl. I have done the AOL courses, but I am not too sure whether I have a place in your heart. Have you accepted me?

Sri Sri: You are already mine! I consider every single person in this planet as mine. Its just that you are realizing it now and I know it from long time!!(Laughter!!) Each one of us are born in a different situation, religion, belief, country. And there is a purpose of it all. It is all preplanned. You have to serve the people around you. We are all a spark of the same divinity. We are at home and you are welcome to that home. Don’t think some day you will do it. Do it now. I need many Muslim teachers to go around the world and spread the knowledge. Muslim men will like to learn from muslim men and muslim women will like to learn from muslim women. It is unfortunate that the world has created such boxes of religion and we have to live in such boxes. Though we know we are one. We have to help them wiping their tears. And bringing joy in their lives.


Q: Guruji, how can I be mature and yet child-like? What is being mature?

Sri Sri: Being mature and yet being child-like may appear to be contradictory but actually they are complementary. Maturity should not bring stiffness in you. If it brings stiffness then it does not serve the purpose. Whenever someone matures they realize they know very little! Its like from an ignorant ‘I don’t know’ to an enlightened ‘I don’t know’!!! An angry person also can say ‘I don’t know!! (Laughter!!) And a person with real can also say, “I don’t know”!!! Like from a ugly ‘I don’t know’ to a beautiful ‘I don’t know’!! Life is a journey!!


Q: Guruji, what is the secret of your smile?

Sri Sri: It is so open. It is AOL!!!!!

Q: Guruji, in this world there are some people who put in very little of effort but get a lot of fruit from it. Yet there are some people who does so much of hard work and yet do not get result up to the level. Why is this, Guruji? Can you please explain?

Sri Sri: There are five steps in this. 1. The work (karan). 2. The one who does (karta) 3. Adhisthata 4. Adristha (Luck) 5. Capacity to do (?!?!) For example you are cooking. Then you have to have a fair idea of what to cook. Then you need to know how much to cook. You need to know where to get the vegetables from. You need to know what kind of vessels you can cook in. For example: you cannot cook dal and vegetables in a tava!??! You need specific vessels for that. So like that. Often people say, I am good but why?!?! I tell you need to be good but at the same time you need not be a fool!!! But don’t think that clever people only win. I have seen many clever people make many plans but none of their plans are successful!! And don’t think people who are successful are not spiritual. May be not in this life but in their previous lives, they must have done something. Once in Buddha’s satsang came a person. No no, one day a bikshu (disciple of the Buddha) went to beg alms at a rich mans house. The rich man was very rude and never gave anything to anybody. The daughter-in-law of the house came out and said the Buddha, that whatever my father-in-law has is old (Basi). Its all from the past deeds. Because he has done nothing in this life time to have whatever he has. He is just withdrawing the balances of the past. But very soon the balances get over and you turn to a pauper in no time!! You know there are some people who has a very big house, beautiful bed.. everything but cannot sleep! How do you call them happy people? Go to see all that is a show. I tell you its only an illusion that bad people are happy. It only seems like that. One who is not doing Sadhna, Seva, Satsang for them its just of the past. But you.

Today whatever you are having is fresh. Hot from the oven. But sometimes trying to have it you might burn your tongue (Laughter!!)


Q: Guruji, speaking truth is getting me to one problem or the other in my life. What should I do?

Sri Sri: Anger with truth covers the power of discrimination. Truth should be with non-violence. With no anger. Otherwise your discrimination gets clouded. Truth is just not what you speak. It is your consciousness. You should be like the fire that brings coolness around you. And what are you looking for examples? It’s right here, in front of you. Not just one three. (Pointing to himself and the other two Swamis on the dais) Even if you are getting into trouble now, but finally you will get the benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment