Friday, April 3, 2009

Q: Don’t we need a revolution (Kranti) seeing the present day situation of violence and crime.

Sri Sri: Time and again Kranti (revolution) is needed. Lekin Kranti vahi laa sakthe hain, jinki branti mit jati hain (Applause). [Revolution is only possible by those who have equal vision for all, compassion for all.] Anger cannot bring revolution, it only brings problems. Those who have conquered their anger, only they can bring revolution. We can use anger as a tool, we should have control on it and not allow the anger to overpower us. A person who is shanth (calm) and prasann (happy) he can bring sudhar and kranti very easily. Such a person’s yogyatha increases, skills incerases. Have to become more centered and calm.


Q: Jaati and divisions are making our country weak and politicians are making use of that.

Sri Sri: We need to bring awakening in people. There is no jaati if we need to go to the doctor. We search for the best doctor in town, similarly we search for the best lawyer in town for our work, whatever his jaati or dharam is. There is no jaati for going to parties and shaadis. But when it comes to vote then the diseases of jaati sets in. If we have to search for a bride/groom then we get into jaati and in case of employement too this disease sets in. We have to create an awakening, have to look things from a wider perspective (vishal drishtikon se dekna padega) and take a pledge.


Q: Guruji you said that we should think of ourselves as the non-doer. Doesn’t that get in us a lack for taking responsibility?

Sri Sri: Truth is contradictory. And wise is one who manages this contradiction. At times you have to feel totally responsible. And yet at times you have to wake up and see that you are not the doer! Tell me if you are not doing anything at all, then how do you even realize that you are not the doer?!!? Do you see what I am saying?

If you are not doing any action at all then you don’t even realize that. That’s why in the Upanishads there is this story; on a tree there were two birds. One bird does and the other watches. The body is like the tree. Someone who is doing. Its capacity is limited. It can be referred to as the Jivatma. The other is the one who is watching, is the witness, and is magnanimous, and can be referred to as the Paramatma. That’s why in the bible Jesus said the both. At one time he said, “Me and my father are one”. Which means he was referring to the one who was witnessing. And yet at another time he said, “Oh! God you have forsaken me”. That is the time probably he was referring to the one who is doing. You know Sawmi Yogananda has come to meet us from up north of India. He is 97 years old. He does not eat anything other than the fruits. And he drinks water. And yet he is so strong!! He does such amazing yoga! He was traveling by train and in the train he never had anything. Neither he ate anything nor he drank anything. But he is so strong that if he pushes you, you will fall somewhere far away!! (Laughter!!) We are also very fortunate to have Swami Pragyananda, he is also 75 years old. He has Mastered the Upanishads and the Vedas like anything!


Q: Guruji sometimes I got angry on you and I scolded you in my mind. I kept scolding you so much. But now I am feeling so bad about it. You are bringing joy and happiness to every individual every moment and I was scolding you!! Gurudev, I am feeling very uneasy about the whole thing. I deserve some punishment. Please punish me.

Sri Sri: Come on.. Its nice to play a game like this (laughter!!) Lets play it!! I tell you we did it at the best place. If you had done that at some other place in front of some other people then I could have been in a problem!! But this place is totally safe for such games. It is totally acceptable (laughter!!)

Q: Guruji, I think I am not totally devoted to you. How do you define devotion?

Sri Sri: I told you don’t try to do anything. Be hollow and empty! Pinnacle of love is called devotion. But any way who cares!??! I don’t care whether you are devoted to me or not (laughter!!) If you are talking about devoted to me and I am the one who don’t care, than you can relax. I don’t care!! Why do you worry?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment