Friday, April 3, 2009

Q: Can [Is] there be contrast in life?

Sri Sri: Yes, life is full of contrast.


Q: [Something about NOW or present moment]

Sri Sri: In NOW you know everything. It�s vast. It�s ticking. When in NOW you know the future also.


Q: [Something about depression]

Sri Sri: You know 20% of Europe is in depression and it is estimated that in next 10 years 48% of Europe will be depressed.

Q: There is a lot of conversion happening these days. Please suggest something about this.

Sri SriSri Sri: One should change his mind. Man himself has to change but not the religion. You say with conviction �Offer all your problems to Guruji� and then it will happen. If you say with conviction then they will listen to you.


Q: There are some people who say that Guruji will take care of everything. Anyway, the one who has planted will also water. What is your suggestion to such people?

Sri Sri: We have lost so many things with this attitude. Our country has lost its wealth and yoga because of this. Self-effort and Grace both are required. Suppose I say that you will get light if you open the door. If you open the door in night and then say there is no light, is it the correct interpretation? Light comes only during the day and only through the Sun. If you keep the door closed during the day, then light cannot reach you. You opening the door is self-effort and the light coming in is Grace. So both of them are required.

Q: There are some people who say that Guruji will take care of everything. Anyway, the one who has planted will also water. What is your suggestion to such people?

Sri Sri: We have lost so many things with this attitude. Our country has lost its wealth and yoga because of this. Self-effort and Grace both are required. Suppose I say that you will get light if you open the door. If you open the door in night and then say there is no light, is it the correct interpretation? Light comes only during the day and only through the Sun. If you keep the door closed during the day, then light cannot reach you. You opening the door is self-effort and the light coming in is Grace. So both of them are required.


Q: There are some situations where bribing becomes essential because it involves very basic and necessary things in life. Please advise me on what to do.

Sri Sri: You need courage to stand by the truth. You have to face some tough situations if you go by the truth. If you pray and meditate daily, such situations will not occur. Our ashram has taken a stand that we will stand by the truth. We have taken a firm step against corruption. If lots of people like you also take a stand, then sooner they will have no choice. Of course, because of our policy, we have gone through lot of deals either in acquiring land or getting some approval. But we have chosen to wait. This is very much possible for a spiritual organization. But in a business perspective, a couple of months can topple the whole business. If you take a firm step against corruption I will appreciate it. Otherwise, I will understand. In any situation, you have to evaluate the pros and cons and take a decision accordingly.

Q: What is the reason behind your beard? It appears to me after seeing you, that only people having beard can attain knowledge. Can you explain?

Sri Sri: There is nothing like that. Everyone can attain knowledge. I am sporting because it is like a uniform for us. Otherwise, there is nothing. You can consider the hair to be an antenna and this beard to be an earthing. Around 25-30 years back I was in Delhi. At that time lot of people use to come to see me. They used to ask people where Guruji is and some of them have asked me also the same question. When I told them that I am the one they are looking for, they almost lost all their enthusiasm and suddenly became sad. I was very young at that time. Just to look a lit older, I started growing this beard. After that, I just became lazy and am continuing with that. I don�t know why the swamijis are having beard and he looked at Swami Sadyojatah. You better ask them why they are having �. (Loads of laughter)


Q: Some question related to seva (Could not hear the question)

Sri Sri: When you are doing something for others, nature will help you. (He narrated His experience). I was in Germany some years back and people from Russia wanted me to come there. I too agreed and they organized a program. The program was on Monday. It was Friday or Saturday and I was still in Germany. I still did not have the visa for Russia. Those days, getting a visa was really tough and it will take couple of weeks for it. I just decided to go to Russia without a visa. I landed in Moscow airport without a visa. On seeing my passport, they said that I have to go back. I told them that nearly 6000 people are waiting outside the airport for me. Do you really want me to go back without meeting them? The officer said that it is not possible to get in but he will just see if he can do something. I was smiling and relaxed along with the people who came with me. He came back ....
...He came back and said I can�t give you the visa and it is not possible. As he was saying NO NO he stamped my passport! When you are doing something for others, nature will help you


Q: I heard that Native Indians can choose their time of death. Is it true that once a person is fully aligned to the nature, he can die when he chooses.

Sri Sri: Yes. It is true. When aligned with the nature, one can choose a day, and die *naturally*. One can set a day, and die by other means (he meant Suicide)�and laughed. But to die a natural death is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment