Sunday, March 22, 2009


Q: Dear Guruji, In the 1st cassette of Patanjali Yoga Sutra, you have asked us to think about meaning / connotation of the story. I could not come up with a connotation. Can you help me to unravel the mystery?

Sri Sri: Do not give up...be with it.


Q: Guruji, What is the Heaven? what is moksha? How to attain it?

Sri Sri: When you are in bliss, you are in heaven and when you are miserable you are in hell!


Q: Guruji, Who am I?

Sri Sri: Be with this question; it is very precious


Q: Guruji,why this fear always in my heart?? How can I avoid that forever?

Sri Sri: Fear is nothing but love standing upside down! Through practices and knowledge you can overcome fear.

Q:Why should we keep a smile on our face?

Sri Sri: To keep a smile on your face, only 4 muscles in the face have to work. But, to keep a frown on your face, 72 muscles have to work! Now, you have to decide whether you are intelligent or not !

Q:Dear Guruji, how do we reduce our over anxiety and impatience?

Sri Sri: Through breathing exercises, meditation etc


Q:How can avoid stress from our life?

Sri Sri: You can handle stress through your own breath

Q:I am having a lot of financial problems, hard to meet all expenses..... no house.... can you help me???

Sri Sri: Genuine efforts and sincere prayers

Q:Poojya Guruji, how can I bring my husband to the Art of living?

Sri Sri: Through his friends


Q:How to solve each and every question in our mind?

Sri Sri: By turning them into wonder


Q: One faces a lot of things in life. What is that one thing that one should always remind himself or herself through all the ups and downs of life?

Sri Sri: Save your mind at any cost


Q:My mind is full of tension. What can I do?

Sri Sri: Your own breath has lots of secrets to offer.


Q:Guruji,after all the courses I've done why is it that I still have a long way to go in becoming the person you are teaching the world to be?

Sri Sri: Do not evaluate and judge yourself; You have progressed a lot. Be regular with your Sadhana, Seva and Satsang.


Q:Guruji,I tend to talk without realising sometimes and then realise that I hurt someone or I said something to the wrong person. Often, I observed myself but it does happen again and again. What shall I do?

Sri Sri: It has reduced compared to before. Continue with your practices.


Q:After advance course in Rishikesh, I was doing kriya regularly. After few months I start getting bored and have aversion for it. I don't know why?

Sri Sri: Doing any practise means being in your own company. If you are bored with your own company, then how much boring you must be for someone else! When you were a child you didnt like to brush your teeth. But, now it has become part of your daily routine, right?


Q:Will my desire fullfill?

Sri Sri: Have faith that if it is good for you, it will happen; drop the feverishness.


Q:Will I overcome the present problems and if so when?

Sri Sri: Everything is changing; so, have the faith that this will also change.

Q:Most of the time, we get advice on what we should do. But there is no advice on how to take others' actions which may provocate us.Since everyone can not be a Sadhu..how do we account for real life stress and balancing it out?

Sri Sri: When others provocate you, why don't you use the advices on what you should do at that time?!! When you don't have any control over your thoughts or actions, how can you even dare to think why someone else is behaving that way? Knowledge, practices etc will help you to respond instead of reacting ...


Q:I want love. How can I get this?

Sri Sri: Just BE and know that you are LOVED, that is BELOVED ! Don't demand love.


Q:How can we overcome the sad emotions and sad feelings throughout the life?

Sri Sri: Through knowledge and practice


Q:Guruji,what is the faith?

Sri Sri: Opposite of doubt


Q:My wife is a hyper type , for some small thing she creates problem at home. How can I avoid this? When she starts doing it I get stress.

Sri Sri: From your side, be loving. Both of you can learn some breathing exercises and meditation.


Q:To whom should I pray?

Sri Sri: Prayer can happen either out of helplessness or gratitude. Meditation is the supreme kind of prayer.

Q:Guruji could you please explain what is Ego and how it can be eliminated?

Sri Sri: Ego is feeling the separation; don't try to eliminate ego, it becomes another ego ! Just keep it in the pocket.

Q: GURUJI, you are the best.

Sri Sri: - Only best can recognize the best.

Q: A devotee is very happy on getting a GURU, does the GURU feel the same happiness in getting a devotee?

Sri Sri: - Seeing your happiness he gets happiness.

Q: People blindly worship a GURU? Is it ok? Shouldn�t they just worship the divine?

Sri Sri: - Why does somebody adore someone else? In college, rock star, movie stars, sports players are adored. This adulation is part of human nature. Deep inside it is your ability to appreciate and honor good qualities. This adulation of GURUS has come down the ages. In the East, people took pride in their GURUS. There was a lot of respect but it�s missing in the students now. They throw tomatoes at their teachers. We have now gone to the other extreme. When your life is full, you get a feeling of gratitude. You start with the GURU and end up adoring everything in life. GURU is just a beginning. In India there is a festival in October when people worship everything from cars, scooters etc. Everything is venerated. Divine dwells in every particle. In the East the tradition was that before cutting a tree, you have to plant 5 more. An innocent mind sees life everywhere. Life has to be honored, adored. If you cannot do this, then what else is left in life? It is so dry, just eat, drink and sleep. Whenever you praise, the praise goes to the divine. If you praise your GURU, the praise goes to the divine. When you praise someone, you own consciousness is expanding. So for your own sake, adore and venerate others.


Q: A devotee is very happy on getting a GURU, does the GURU feel the same happiness in getting a devotee?

Sri Sri: - Seeing your happiness he gets happiness.


Q: I want a GURU mantra from you.

Sri Sri: -That is there. Sudarshan kriya is there.


Q: You are so wonderful, when can I become like you?

Sri Sri: - First stop attempting to become like me. Second know that I m you.

Q: GURUJI, show me the path.

Sri Sri: - Why? Why shall I show you the path? Im not so irresponsible. Ill take you to your goal. It�s my habit. It�s the age of aero planes and you are talking in terms of bullock carts. You have sat in plane and your flight has taken off. Now, this plane will take you to your destination, you dont need to ask for the path.

Q: What quality should an ideal disciple have? Do you differentiate between disciples?

Sri Sri: - Dont worry so much, just be like a child, and take life with ease. Yes, I differentiate between disciples and you are very special. Each one of you is unique and each one is special, so everyone is different.


Q: How to become a sincere devotee?

Sri Sri: - Just you have to assume that you are really sincere devotee. You give grade to yourself. I am number 1 devotee. Nobodys like me. But don?t think so and so is number 1 devotee and I am number 2. Each one of us should say I am number 1 devotee. Nobodys like me. Then that is how the devotion grows. If you think you are number 2, number 3, number 10, then that much, you will be away from the knowledge. You know this problem is there with many - that after basic course, you continue for sometime then you drop. Then afterwards it becomes very difficult. If you do an advanced course, it will bring you back in the knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment